• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

William Boyland

langtry

Hi,

I have a William Boyland born 1842 in Stockland,Devon,but went to Ireland to marry Isabella Jane Brady in Lisburn,Down, circa 1865.there were four children born in Ireland but family later found in Wales.Is there any magical method of finding out for sure that William went to Ireland? ie some sort of passenger detail?Willim was aged about 22/23 when he married so guessing he went over to Ireland about 1865 for the wedding,but that being so,and having four children in Ireland,rather hoping there could be a record of their living there for a while? Any help appreciated.

langtry

pee wee

Hi Langtry,

I found William Boyland in the 1881 Wales census, with his family. According to that record he was born in Ireland not Devon. So maybe he didn't travel to ireland as he was already there.
The IGI for the British Isles lists the marriage in 1862 but doesnt give any detail. Even the brides surname wasn't there but all the children are the same. :confused:
Sorry these were the only records I have been able to find so far. Can find no record of William or his wife on any Irish listings so far. If you need the details from the 1881 wales census let me know & I'll post them.
Sorry I haven't been more help but others might have better luck & I'll keep looking just in case.:)

Cheers for now

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Births 3
DaveHam9 Births 4
juliejtp 1841 Census Request 3
juliejtp 1841 Census Request 2
DaveHam9 Scottish Genealogy Roots 2
DaveHam9 Australia & New Zealand Genealogy Roots 16