• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

William Cooper c1818. Wycombe, Bucks.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi folks.

1841 census help please.

William Cooper married Mary Beckett in J/F/M - 1845 Wycombe. (St Paul. Wooburn).
I've found Mary Beckett in 1841, but not William Cooper. He is a Journeyman Plumber.

Not to be confused with William Cooper(Chairmaker)b1821, married to Jane in Wycombe.

Nor William Cooper 1821(Chairmaker), single in Amersham, Bucks.

Thanks.

Steve.:)

dochines

Valued Member
Hi Steve.

There are over 2900 William Coopers in the 1841 census. As a journeyman plumber he could be staying anywhere. Do you have an estimated date of birth and place of birth from a later census. that would reduce the numbers needed to be checked very considerably. There are 6 in my tree as well!

dochines

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Steve.

There are over 2900 William Coopers in the 1841 census. As a journeyman plumber he could be staying anywhere. Do you have an estimated date of birth and place of birth from a later census. that would reduce the numbers needed to be checked very considerably. There are 6 in my tree as well!

dochines

Yes.......c1818. Wycombe, Buckinghamshire in 1851 & 1861, and living in Chipping Wycombe.;)

Steve.:)

dochines

Valued Member
How about this Steve

William cooper aged 22 plumber born in county seems to be living with

Henry Cooper aged 25 illegible employment born in county
Mary Cooper aged 20 Born in county
Eleanor Cooper aged 15 born in County

1841 ref P55 Book/folio 1/7 P9
Easton St Chipping Wycombe

best wishes

dochines