• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

William Gibson QLD archives

gibbo

Loyal Member
Looking for hospital records for William Gibson.

I emailed the QLD archives and their reply was this ..

"The records you are enquiring about has been digitised and is available to view/print and/or download from our catalogue:

Queensland State Archives, Digital Image ID 24169: Register of cases and treatment - Moreton Bay Hospital, 3 September 1840 - 25 June 1841, PART 2; pg 122"

I cant find it, been going around in circles getting no where.
Can someone help me find the record please :(

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Found it but it won't be easy to read.

This may or may not work.

http://www.archivessearch.qld.gov.au/Image/DigitalImageDetails.aspx?ImageId=24169

Click on the pdf image. A very large file of 70 pages.

Part 2 starts at page 56.

I think page 122 needs posting to the Documents board. :biggrin: Or here.

Impossible to read as this site reduces the resolution of images to save space.

Needs to be hosted somewhere so a link to the file can be inserted into a post here.

Or those interested can view the pdf.

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

emeltee

Loyal Member
Try going to the Basic Search Page - on the left hand side there is a heading Image Queensland and three down under that is Retreive Using ID. Click on that and enter the Digital Iimage ID number 24169 then click on Retrieve Image. When the next page comes up click on the pink edged box next to the word image. Warning - it is very slow to download.

Emeltee

gibbo

Loyal Member
God im doey at times, i should have been able to work it out and get it but nah not today, i want to do some FH and my head is saying no no no redf)

Thank you Dave and emeltee :)

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
15 Complains of severe pain in the head -
accompanied with frequent ... ?

16 feels much better ... ? ... ?

17 Improving

18 ... ?

Don't understand what is written in the 'Treatment' column

horse

Loyal Member
That looks like the original I/we saw when looking some time ago. Either on the transcription or the original was a mention of a boy with William, can't see it this time. Also another researcher has mentioned this in the past :confused:

Still, it's a good find and close to the date. Age looks like 29y, DoB c1812.

Geoff

gibbo

Loyal Member
That looks like the original I/we saw when looking some time ago. Either on the transcription or the original was a mention of a boy with William, can't see it this time. Also another researcher has mentioned this in the past :confused:

Still, it's a good find and close to the date. Age looks like 29y, DoB c1812.

Geoff
Thanks Geoff:) yes appears to be the same one tho i havent had a chance today to have a good look at it as yet.

gibbo

Loyal Member
15 Complains of severe pain in the head -
accompanied with frequent ... ?

16 feels much better ... ? ... ?

17 Improving

18 ... ?

Don't understand what is written in the 'Treatment' column
You did really well getting that far working that lot of writing out. I cant work any more out, but there appears to be nothing to either confirm or eliminate him as to be mine. Thanks Dave.