• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

William GIBSON

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
4 Mar 1872/B03780 Gibson William - Kennedy Catherine

Death 2 Jan 1940/B46455 Gibson Catherine - James Kennedy - Margaret Clark

The Courier-Mail (Brisbane, Qld. : 1933 - 1954) - Thursday 4 January 1940 p.20
DEATHS
GIBSON.-On January 2nd, at "Givelda" Virginia Avenue, Hawthorne, Catherine, Widow of the late William Gibson, formerly of Bingera Plantation, Bundaberg, aged 88 years. Privately interred on Wednesday, 3rd inst., at Bulimba Cemetery. Bundaberg papers please copy.
JOHN HISLOP & SONS, Funeral Directors.

Looking for a death for William.

Also looking for more info on Catherine.

Thanks,

Dave

gibbo

Loyal Member
A maybe, im still checking it out.

The Brisbane Courier (Qld. : 1864 - 1933)
Friday 31 December 1915

The late mr. william gibson.
Mr. William Gibson, one of the sturdy and honoured pioneers ol the sugar Industry in Australia, passed suddenly away on Monday evening, DoCember 27,
at the ago of 69, his friends receiving practically no warning of his approaching end. Mr. Gibson was visiting a relative at a short diatance from his home
at Hawthorne,' on the Brisbane River,etc etc

A large article it is

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/20053310?

1915 B22549 William Gibson William Gibson Mary McAlister

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Probably right thanks gibbo.

son WA fits

Birth 1874/B17096 Gibson William Alexander - William - Catherine Kennedy

His father ??

Death 18 Dec 1902/C0444 Gibson William William Gibson Mary Gemmell

The Queenslander (Brisbane, Qld. : 1866 - 1939) - Saturday 3 January 1903 p.8
DEATHS
GIBSON.-On the 18th December, at Bingera Plantation, Bundaberg, William Gibson, father of Gibson Bros., of Bingera, in his 80th year, and for forty years a resident of Queensland.

gibbo

Loyal Member
I checked this family out years ago to see if it lead to my Gibson's but it didnt. Shame i didnt still have all the info i collected on them :2fun::2fun:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
The Brisbane Courier (Qld. : 1864 - 1933) - Tuesday 28 December 1915 p.6
FUNERAL NOTICE.-The Funeral of the late WILLIAM GIBSON, sen. (formerley of Bingera Plantation), will leave his residence, "Givelda" Virginia-avenue, Hawthorne, THIS (Tuesday) AFTERNOON, at 3 o'clock, for the Bulimba Cemetery. No flowers, by request.
JOHN HISLOP & SONS, Funeral Directors.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Im sure that is the cemetery where i got bitten by something and suffered for hours :2fun::2fun: Anyway if it was i have photos somewhere of the headstones for the Gibson's buried in there. We went for a drive a couple years back with mum and dad and stopped to have a look at the cemetery and we seen these Gibson's headstones so i took photos of them for the info that was on them to check it out when i got home. Im sure i still have the photos somewhere.