• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

William Henry and Martha Ellen Allen (nee Topham)

Hi, I seem to be hitting a brick wall in finding deaths of my GG Grandparents. Both were born in Bradford, William in 1861 and Martha Ellen nee Topham in 1864. I know that they married in 1881 and moved to Blackpool where they still were in 1911 (census records). Any help with this would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Julie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Julie,

A warm welcome to FHUK.

Will have a look in the death index and hopefully will find them, they could have lived for many years so may take a bit longer.

Hi Julie and Steve
Thanks for your help :) . Steve I can't tie that one down into my family at the moment. I don't think any of the Allen's lived in Preston. Will keep it in mind though.
Julie

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Julie,

Found this one though age slightly out.

Year 1936

William Allen
Age 68

Jul/Aug/Sept 1/4

District Fylde

Vol 8e (the e isnt to clear, this needs to be checked)
Page 698

Hi Julie
Whoa, thankyou so much, that definately looks like them. I have been looking for these pair for 4 years now, so you can guess how grateful I am. I was beginning to think they may have emigrated to America or something. They lived to a good old age didn't they, not good for you though as it took some looking!

I will send off for the certificates and let you know if they are the real deal (I'm sure they are).

I see you are also researching the Allen surname (not the Bradford ones are they?)

Anyway thanks again Julie, you have made my week!!!