• We have updated FHUK forums, we hope you like the new look and feel.

The server has been updated to the latest technology too.

Please report any issues using the contact page: Contact us

Thank you!

• All members must be aware of our current FHUK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

• They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them.

William Henry Jefferies

Hello all, i've been using Ancestry for a while to try discover where i came from and what my ancestors did for a living however i'm finding it really difficult to get past my 2nd grandfather.

My 2nd Grandfather was a William Henry Jefferies who was born on 28th August 1911 to a Louisa Jefferies ( MAIDEN NAME: Manley ) The birth certificate states she was Louisa Jefferies formerly known as Manley, me assuming she married Williams father. Williams father was actually called William Henry Jefferies to. William Henry father was a "Labourer of Acton" according to the Birth certificate.

Now i mentioned William Henry JR was born to a Manley. Upon looking on ancestry for more records A William Henry with the same birth date was baptized by his father and a women named Emily Evelin Jefferies

I'm quite confident this Baptism record is referring to to William but who is Emily?

Since i am confused i did more searching and i found some censuses of where William Jr was living with an Emily but then after a few years disappeared, i cant find any death records at all.

Louisa Jefferies is the same, im unable to find a marriage index for Louisa marrying William Henry SR Or a birth/death record for Louisa.