• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

William Ives to Marcilla Herne. Marriage.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I found this marriage some years ago, and put it my notes for future reference, but as usual, over time it's been lost.

1851 census, shows MARZELLA Ives(c1826.Ruislip, Middx), and Thomas Ives(c1820.Princes Risbourough, Bucks), together with son, John Ives. 10 April 1849. Princes Risborough.

Marzella died in Oct 1852 and was buried @ St Mary's, Princes Risborough, Bucks, (Marcella IVES aged 25 of Longwick.)

William Ives dies in June 1861, Monks Risborough, Bucks, and was buried, aged 39.

Now all I can find is the 1851 census return and burials(from the PR's), except John Ives(1849) in the Bledlow Union workhouse. in 1861 census.

If anyone can find the marriage, outside of Bucks(which I'm sure it is, maybe. :rolleyes: ), I would be grateful.

On the 1851 census, I provided the maiden name of Marcilla Herne as additional information on the return, that's why I have her maiden name. But, didn't enter any further info, as to when married. (Duuuuh.!!! ).

Thanks folks.O0

Steve.:)

PS. I've found the Banns at St John the Baptist, Hillingdon, in 1846, and marriage reg 1846 J/F/M in Uxbridge.

Last edited: