• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

William John Laker

R

royp

Great Site.....

I am looking to find a birth for William John Laker died 1920 19th September aged 49 years, I have his marriage certificate also to Elizabeth Green 1898 29th May Bethany Hall Croydon Road Caterham Surrey.

Have a sackful of incorrect birth certificates at the moment.....:eek: for one reason or another, normally the fathers name incorrect, should be William John Laker (senior) occupation seaman.

I am also unable to find William on any of the Census from 1871 through to 1901 although he married in Caterham so would have thought he would be in this 1901 census at least.

Have some information regarding his military life, Bedfordshire Regiment, Commonwealth War Graves Commission etc., visited the Kew Archives no joy, records were destroyed during the bombing of the 2nd World War.

Where do I go from here, is it possible to find out who lived at 80, Commonwealth Road, Caterham residence at time of death..Also the house of his son, my father George Edward Laker 1913 who was born there.

anyways any pointers would be gratefully received.....

dottie

Last edited: