• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

William Moore. 1861. Burial.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
William Moore died early J/F/M 1861. at the age of 11 years.

Father, Jacob Moore(d.1888), mother Rebecca Moore(d.1854). Both parents were buried at Gorleston & Southtown cemetery. Even his stepmother was buried there.

No sign of William Moore in the same place. You would have thought that he would have been buried there, but sadly no. I searched from 1860 to l862, and nothing for him.

I have ordered his PDF cert of death, it may shed more light on the whereabouts of his burial.!?

Steve.:)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Oh well, the death cert was no help for a location for William Moores' burial. Address was Gorleston. Date of death was 24th. Feb 1861.

But managed to find the informant, who was Elizabeth Sudder, b1817, Gorleston.:rolleyes:

Jacob Moore snr, was discharged from the Army in 1857. This means his 2 sons, Jacob & William, were being looked after by some unknown person for 3 years, as his wife had died in 1854 in Gorleston.

Another couple of mysteries, Williams Burial and who looked after them for 3 years.

Get one answer to a question, and raises other questions.:oops:

Steve.:)

gibbo

Loyal Member
I know these don't help any or you may already have or seen them but thought i would post them anyway.
Few spelling errors with the computer generated thingy i guess.

Published: Saturday 25 February 1888
Newspaper: Norwich Mercury
County: Norfolk, England
On the 14th inst, GorSestoe, Jacob Moore, sged 69, who had been the employ the late Dr. Arnett for twenty-two years.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spelling on this one is no better

Published: Saturday 25 February 1888
Newspaper: Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
County: Norfolk, England
On the 14tn inst., at Oorlestoa, Jacob Moore, aged 69. who had been in the employ of the late Dr. Arnott for twenty-two years.