• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

William Stevens.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi All,

Could you check for William Stevens death.
Born 1826. And lived in Monks Risborough, Buckinghamshire, all his life.

I have his death in 1921 a/m/j District. Wycombe. Vol.3a Page 900.

He was alive in 1901, and this is the only record I can find. I'm sure this is him, but just need a check please in case there are other candidates

Steve.:)

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Steve

On the FreeBMD index it looks like the 1921 death is the right one as Monks Risborough comes under Wycombe district and William Stevens born 1826 is the only one of that name and age in the area in the 1901 census.

There is a William Stevens born about 1827 in Stoke Hammond in 1901 but that came under Leighton Buzzard district and he died in 1905.

Ben

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Steve

On the FreeBMD index it looks like the 1921 death is the right one as Monks Risborough comes under Wycombe district and William Stevens born 1826 is the only one of that name and age in the area in the 1901 census.

There is a William Stevens born about 1827 in Stoke Hammond in 1901 but that came under Leighton Buzzard district and he died in 1905.

Ben
Thanks Ben,
I couldn't believe he was 95yrs old.:eek: :)
That was a really great age at that time, as the average for the time was about 55-65 in the country.
He must have been doing something right. Good country living I suppose.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Steve

Is he a direct ancestor or an ancestors sibling?

He must have gone jogging or playing football every day to live to 95. Pity he didn't live another 5 years.

Ben

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Steve

Is he a direct ancestor or an ancestors sibling?

He must have gone jogging or playing football every day to live to 95. Pity he didn't live another 5 years.

Ben
Hi Ben,
He is my paternal Gt.Gt.Grandfather, he only had 3 children that I know of. Must have saved his strength for other activities. Still working in 1901, and his wife Sarah, is still there.
I will have to find out when she died. Had a look and typically, three to choose from, 1903, 1905 and 1909.

Last edited: