• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

William Stewart Sneddon & Martha Scott(formerly Cochrane).

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Ok folks, my wifes potential half brothers marriage cert arrived today.

Everything adds up very well indeed, except for a slight variation of Stewart/Stuart.

Brother was 26 years old at time off marriage in 1980. So giving a potential birth year of 1953-54.

Looking good, but 31 years have passed though.

Steve.:)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Steve,

I checked the other site before this one, so I've replied there!

:biggrin: Josie
Oi.....you could stand still a while.:2fun::2fun:

I've ordered what the wife thinks is her younger half brothers marriage cert. So another 2 weeks to wait.:rolleyes::biggrin:

If that turns out OK, then the wife will decide what to do next.;)

Thanks all.O0

Last edited:

woodlander

Valued Member
We're all, I'm sure, hoping for you both the outcome of this is happily positive - and feeling for Gill with all the variety of emotions she must be feeling.
Good luck :)

josie7644

Valued Member
Oi.....you could stand still a while.:2fun::2fun:

I've ordered what my dear one thinks is her younger half brothers marriage cert. So another 2 weeks to wait.:rolleyes::biggrin:

If that turns out OK, then the wife will decide what to do next.;)

Thanks all.O0

:2fun: :2fun:

Just love having a rummage Steve! In November, I'll be in Caernarvon for a week with no internet access! :eek: Whatever will I do? :2fun:

All the very best to you and Gill. Hope something positive happens!

Josie

Sorry to jump on an old thread but i have a William Stewart Sneddon in my tree he was a great uncle who was born in 1920 in Lanarkshire Scotland to a Robert Stewart Sneddon and a Jessie( Janet) Gardiner, i am not sure if he is relevant to0 your search but i thought worth a try of asking

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Sorry to jump on an old thread but i have a William Stewart Sneddon in my tree he was a great uncle who was born in 1920 in Lanarkshire Scotland to a Robert Stewart Sneddon and a Jessie( Janet) Gardiner, i am not sure if he is relevant to0 your search but i thought worth a try of asking
Hi Lynda.
Do you know who your William S. Stewart married, and did they have children at all. Do you know where he/they ended up.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Yes.....it seems the wife and you are connected. Sorry for the delay in replying.:rolleyes:

No internet at home, so I'm in the library again.;)

Regards, Steve.:)

Hi steve,
Thanks for getting back to me ,I've contacted your wife by e-mail and passed your details on to my brother-in-law . pity about your internet connection, hope you get it sorted out soon.

Angela.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Update.

It seems that my wife was talked about openly amongst the families, and was always remembered over the years.

The wife has met 2 sisters and a brother from the Sneddon side, they came for a visit earlier this year. And a brother from her birth mothers side (Scott), who sadly died very soon after meeting my wife. It seemed he may have been 'holding on' until they met, albeit him being in Hospital.

However, in contact now with both sides of her birth family now.

I'm can't keep up with who, as there are so many.:eek:

Out of interest I started a new family tree for her, and sorry to say that the first one I did(with limited info) was wrong.:(

Many, many thanks to all that helped out on the 1st tree, but still it still may connect at some point, as it was quite close, but wrong unfortunately.:rolleyes:

The wife has been to Edinburgh a couple of times now, to meet the rellies and phones some on a regular basis.

Again. the wife says thanks again for all the help.:kissu:

Last edited: