• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

William Swann cambridge 1804 & family

Hi all
Having a serious problem with this part of my family i am looking for fresh eyes to look over the census records i will put down as much info as possible to give you a good start so my apologies if it seems a little long winded.
My 2ND grandmother Caroline Eveline swan born abt 1849 and married Joseph Simmons in barnsley in 1870 her age on the marriage is 21 and her fathers name is William Swan occupation looks like labourer, in the 1871 & 1881 census she was known as Caroline Evaline in 1891 she changed to Eveline Caroline she died in the 3rd quarter in barnsley in 1896 again known as Eveline Caroline i cant find her in 1861 but i think she may have been born under the name of Annaline swan 1849 March, Cambridgeshire, England, parents William Swan and Eliza with several sisters who may also have changed there names later in life, depending which census you look up my great grandmother was either born in march cambridge or Isle of elmley cambridge or Isle of Ely cambridge, the only sister i can find anything on is Elvina Swan born 1835 who i think goes on to marry Thomas Hardisty on the 26Th of march 1871 in Harrogate Christ Church,any help would be appreciated Richard