• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Wood / Jackman brickwall! What do I do now?

I'm looking for information on the JACKMAN and WOOD family from Cowes, Isle of Wight and Portsmouth Hampshire.
Charlie JACKMAN and Emily Lucy Rose CANNING (AKA Emily Lucy R VINE and later Rose WOOD) had 3 children, Helen Emily Jackman b. 1897, Isle of Wight, d. 1984, Portsmouth, Hampshire; Robert Charlie Jackman b. 1899, Isle of Wight; and Rose May Jackman b. 1900 - 1971 born Isle of Wight, d. 1971, Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Charlie Jackman died at sea and his widow married Robert Wood in 1904 in Newport, Isle of Wight; Robert had previously been married to Maud TREW but she died in 1903 leaving 2 sons Arthur Robert and Lionel Charles. Robert was in the Navy, Reg 156321 (we have his service records)
Robert and Emily Wood had 2 children - Leonard George Wood and Ivy Wood.
We have done extensive research but have come to a dead end:- we'd like to know what happened to the Jackman children and find any living descendants; we are also trying to find photos to go with the names of everyone.
Roberts details: Birth abt 1876 in Darlington, Durham, England
Death Dec 1949 in Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
Navy Reg number 156321 - we have his Navy records. No photo though.
My husband has inherited Robert Wood's Navy medals as he is my husbands Great Grandfather and we have had them remounted ready to frame and it would be wonderful to find a photo of him to put with it.
I have ordered Arthur's death certificate so am hoping it will tell me something as well, we know he married but then seemed to have disappeared.
We are in Australia so we are finding this part difficult.
Any help would be appreciated. I have hit a brick wall
I have also had this on the Portsmouth news facebook page and in their actual paper, the Isle-of-wight family history page with no luck.
How do we find out more information? Arthur, and the Jackman children seem to have just disappeared.
If anyone thinks they can help and wants to see the family tree I am happy to email a link.
Thanks for reading, I know it's long!
Shauna

Email address removed for security reasons as per site policy.

Last edited by a moderator: