• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Wrong Death entry on A site?

somerstown

Valued Member
Having got 3 months Essentials free membership to a well know Ancestry site, I have been having a look around. There is a death on there in the wrong town and county. I am not guessing, I was at the bedside when this person died, arranged and paid for the funeral, as well as visited the grave!
So don't believe all you read on there!
I did leave a note in the comments section giving correct info, did not know how else to rectify it?

Not a case of the registration district being different to the actual place
An example, I was looking for a mariage in Brough East Yorks, but it was recorded as if it was in Beverley some ten miles away. Beverley was the reg district Some times the reg district is in a different county
dave

Rune Mussett-Sharp

Errors in death certificates what a challenge for the genealogist. My birth father's death certificate has a huge error on it not because of clerical error but because my step-mother had her MIL, my grandmother's name completely wrong. Hopefully I can leave records to correct that in case my kids ever want to start some digging.
Rune

dave6023

My paternal grandfather's death entry has an error as well. The year of his death (1945) is correct but his DoB is given as c1918, the correct year of birth is 1868!