• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ww1

Hi,

I believe I got into the wrong thread on joiningthe forums, I'm JohnB and I am interested in ww1. My wife's Grandfather was wounded in Guillemont on the 8th Aug 1916 and died in Amien on the 11th Aug 1916, and he is buried in St Pierre. I did notice someone on the Forum was asking about the hospital in Amien. It was the No1 NZ hospital and was placed in St Marie and Lycee girls school. Since My Visit to the Somme I have Purchased The Soldiers died CD ROM and The roll of Honour CD ROM OF WW2 army Casualties over 171 thous. The ww1 CDE ROM contains over700 thous army personel. If Ican be of some help with these do not hesitate to get in touch.

JohnB

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
That's brilliant J_BURNS8. Thank you for the offer.
I am sure there will be quite a few members asking for WW1 lookups from you.

Guillemont - one of my ancestors John Hallam was mortally wounded near there - I say that as I was in Albert a couple of years ago and visited the local battlefields. So sad.
Here's his details:
Found the following at the Commonwealth War Memorial Site www.cwgc.org:
Debt of Honour Register
In Memory of
JOHN HALLAM
Private 73196 of 12th Bn., Sherwood Foresters (Notts and Derby Regt.)
who died on Wednesday 13 September 1916, Age 39 .

Additional Information: Son of John and Bethaia Hallam, of Ilkeston; husband of Annie Hallam, of 10, Archer Street, Cotmanhay, Ilkeston.
Cemetery: CALAIS SOUTHERN CEMETERY Pas de Calais, France
Grave or Reference Panel Number: Plot E. Row 5. Grave 11.
Regards and thanks,
Dave