• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

WW2 Austrailian Nominal Roll

Hi Izabel,I see you have posted a web site for men who served in the australian forces during the 2nd world war,perhaps you could help me.My dad was a Barnardos boys who was sent to Canada in 1913,not much is known from that time until he came back to England during the 2nd world war as a Canadian soldier,have you any ideas as to how I can find out enlistment date or demob date,rather a tall order I know but i would be really grateful.Thanks. Sue.

Hi Izabel,thanks for replying.My dad's name was Frederick John yates b.21st March 1903 in Astley,Lancashire.I do know he was a Canadian soldier when he returned to England during the 2nd world war,other than that little is known.We only found out that he was a Barnardos boy after he died in 1985.As far as I can see Canada has stricter privacy laws than say USA about military records during that war.I would be very grateful for any advice.Regards,Susan.