• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

WW2 Service Number

From
United States
I am trying to find the service number for my grandfather, so I can order his service records. I have very little information to go on, but I have a copy of his diary in 1943 and I "think" he was in the

In the diary, he mentions his movements during 1943 and he states that on 15th October 1943 he went in front of Capt. Carlton and received a C.O. which took place at 91st H.A.A. R.H.Q. On 17th October 1943 he wrote to his Mother stating that had been reprimanded by Lt. Col of the 91st H.A.A. R.H.Q.

I believe the HAA RHQ are an Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment of the Royal Artillery, but I have been unable to get any further, or find info on my grandfather John Arthur Swaine or Captain Carlton.

Any ideas on how I can get his service number or further details of his service?

Thanks in advance

Only one I can see...but surname slightly different.

First name(s) John Arthur
Last name Swain
Age -
Birth year -
Birth place -
Attestation year 1940
Service number 1657992
Former service number -
Record set Royal Artillery Attestations 1883-1942
Category Military, armed forces & conflict
Subcategory Regimental & service records

On the image it states .. reposted to LAA 1943.

And then depot coast battery 1945......discharged 1946.

Back