• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Xmas dinner.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Ok folks.....what did you have.?

Traditional beef or Goose, or the foreign invader of Turkey.:)

I can't think of veggie alternate, so to all the veggies out there......what did you have.
Either way....what was on your platter.

Steve.:)

hi Steve

just finnished our meal. The family are all in Singapore this year so we have had a change from Turkey. My wife has her wrist in a pot still so it was down to me to make a meal for four.
We had marinated roast beef, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, sprouts, carrot, swede, sweet potato and onion gravy. It must have been ok as there's nothing left and everyone's pogged, including the dog who had a special treat

I can't post a pic of our tree as we haven't got one this year.

dave

Last edited:

joaning

Loyal Member
Hi Steve, We had a roast of Pork,Chicken and Ham.
With baked Potatoes,Pumpkin,Parsnip,Onion,Carrot,Beans and Peas and a Broccoli and Cauliflower bake. Pavlova,fruit plate and Pudding.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Full as...and not much leftover.:D

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
We had Goose, with carrots & brussell sprouts which were lightly fried with pancetta bacon. And roast spuds cooked in goose fat.:kissu:

Xmas pud with brandy butter, or Devon custard. I had the custard, the wife had the brandy butter.:rolleyes:

Had a glass of medium sweet bubbly to finish it off.;):)

leefer

Loyal Member
We had Turkey with Roast spuds,Broccoli,roasted honey glazed parsnips carrotts stuffing,pigs in blankets bread sauce and cranberry sauce.

Traditional brandy christmas pudding with cream.

calliek

We had turkey, stuffing, spuds mashed and also scalloped, squash, turnips and carrots, mac and cheese, and coleslaw. With gravy, and cranberry sauce of course! Various sweets and pumpkin pie for dessert.

There were 34 for dinner this year, just 3 siblings were missing.

oznannie

Loyal Member
My daughter did her prawns on a platter of lettuce with her own special seafood sauce as the entree.
I cooked the turkey, we had a whole leg of ham on the bone, with roasties, sprouts, caulie cheese, yorkshire puds.
Desert was a chocolate log which I cooked with my grandee Madeline, delish.
Thanks goodness for air con, it was 38c..
Hotter all next week.
We all went to the beach at 9am, just beautiful.

Oznannie

jay

Valued Member
Roast turkey with all the trimmings: roast potatoes; brussel sprouts with bacon and chestnuts; carrots and parsnips; bread and cranberry sauce.

Stilton and port with fresh figs and grapes.

Still haven't eaten the pudding ... have that at New Year. :D