• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Young/ Sutherland

I would love some help on finding out a bit about me grandad before anythink happens to my dad Joseph William Young 6/2/1928.

My grandad( Henry Young ) was born out of wedlock around 1900 and my father only remembers his dad mentioning Rosemount Place Aberdeen Scotland. Grandad was given away straight after he was born, and we belive he was born to a lady with a family Sutherland from the above address.

We're not sure where Young comes from it must have been his adoped parents name , whom we think might have been from Darlington County Durham , again Darlington used to be mentioned many times.

Henry Young (grandad) married a Margaret Ann Devlin in the 1920s and she died 20th June 1959 in Gateshead (Enry no 253 death Reg)

Grandad and told my dad that when he went to visit his mum in Aberdeen he was shuned and toldn't never to darking theses stairs again , and he never did. He never saw her. It breaks your heart.

Any help please.
Brian Young

Email address removed for security reasons as per site policy.

Please use the PM system to exchange personal details.

After three moderated posts user names turn green and the PM (Private Message) system should be used to exchange personal information such as an email address.

Rules include:
4) Please do not give out personal information on the forum. No phone numbers, no email addresses and no postal addresses. This applies to all, but especially to minors. Please protect yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: